Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Wee Elvish Baby Socks and Their Mom

Here's a photo of my latest project, Mom-Baby socks. The littles are all but finished, just have to weave ends and maybe block, and I'm on the heel flap of Mommy #1. I'm using these old metal size one needles which are kind of hard on the fingers, but I'm so delighted with the yarn and with the idea of this little gift set that I'm soldiering on.
Why do the baby socks have Elvish toes? Well, that's my own "refinement". Sometimes I have great ideas, and sometimes not so much. I'm never making them this way again, but the consensus seems to be that once I slap a bell and/or pompom on the tip, they'll be ever so sweet. Not that baby feet need any sweetening. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Welcome to the blogosphere!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Heather Cox said…

    Welcome to blogland from another Utah Heather. :)

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    They're SO cute.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to Blog Land. Hmm I'm trying to remember if you are the gal I sat next to at the SNB when the Logan Crew visisted a few weeks ago. If you are, we talked about names and how certain names are not names we like (if you aren't, then never mind lol)

    Very pretty yarn! And I think the elf toes look cute on the baby socks. Are you going to do that on the mommy socks too......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home