Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Still the Same

Looks just like yesterday's post, doesn't it? I had the heel turned last night, but discovered that I had about five too many rows when I picked up along the chain stitches. Clearly time to put the thing down and go to bed.

However, morning light revealed a bigger problem: the heel flap was also way too short. Thanks to Teri for spotting it! Somehow, my gauge changed to, like, a million st/inch. I am thinking I will swap for bigger needles on the slip stitch heel, and concentrate on maintaining the same tension as in the ribbing. Bonus: my size 2 dpn are a more comfortable bamboo. Also, will now go back to counting the rows as I go. Wish me luck.
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home