Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

You Knit WHAT?


Yes, I am using novelty yarn. I’m not really the scrappy/furry/squiggly yarn type, but on Thursday I was struck with an idea: I would get some yarn matching my travel wardrobe and make up a fun (funny?) scarf on the plane. So far, this is the result:

I can’t say what the novelty yarn is—the ball band is 4000 miles away. I wound it up with some Brooks Farm Duet, and I’m knitting it on my Denise 15s. Whenever I double strand anything, I always wind it into one ball. I’m thinking that the Brooks Farm is actually too dark, but at the time I cooked up this scheme, I thought it would match my jeans better and sort of ground the bright teal scrappy looking novelty yarn.

So what do you think? Will I look like an idiot? I’m finishing the thing, but I might give it away instead of wearing it.

In other news, Cambridge is beautiful and the family and I are having a grand time!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    If you love it, then go for it and wear it with pride. ;)

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    I don't think you'll loko dumb. It looks cute, but how what can I say while sitting here in the ol' SLC? If you rock it, you can make anything work. Do you know what I mean?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home