Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, August 04, 2006

The Camera's Busted

So here's a written report of my Knitting Progress:

The Cambridge Jacket's lookin' good. The back's been done for a couple of weeks, and I've been working on the left and right fronts simultaneously. I did bind off the back, but I'm considering picking it out and ripping out a couple of rows, then reworking it for a three needle bindoff. Obviously I'd better think fast as I have to decide before the two fronts are done. On Margene's recommendation, I went ahead and bought Nancie Wiseman's finishing book. I think I'm in love, grrlfriends. All the directions are so clear! I feel very optimistic about the finishing now.

I've also been working on a small handbag, felted and brown with wooden handles and fabric lining. Last time I made a bag, I was way too insecure about my crap sewing skills to attempt to line the thing, but now I'm ready to have a go and see what happens.

Oh, and guess what I found in a box of photographs? Barbara Walker's third book of charted knitting patterns. It's like a gift from the Knitting Goddess, because I have absolutely no memory of purchasing this book! I must have bought it before moving last year, then shoved it in a box with room. I am stoked! I must have bought it at a used bookstore; mine's got a different cover than the Amazon link, a 1972 copyright, and no barcode.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait to see the actual jacket! Hope the camera is on the mend...

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    I have two of the old Barbara Walkers, too. LOVE THEM!!!! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home