Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

On the Glory of Imperfection

As many of you know, I usually watch TV while knitting. Since I'm a little nerdy, I particularly favor PBS documentaries. The other night, while watching Cathedral, I was sort of half thinking how odd it is that I love the Conwys as though they are perfect, although they are so not. And would you look at what came on the screen a few minutes after?That, my friends, is Lincoln Cathedral. Build 800 years ago in the red-hot new Gothic style, fresh with pointed arches, great vaulted ceilings, and lots of windows to let in the Light of God. And would you look at that great whopping mistake. As the presenter pointed out, an error of "maths". Shall we call it a "design feature"?

So I guess the socks are fine, and I give myself leave to love them. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home