Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Conwy: The Honeymoon

I LOVE these socks! They are awesome! I love every little thing about them. I love the way the ribbing looks. I love the way the wee cables form from the ribbing, which first seemed like an odd pattern (k1, p1, k3, p1), but looks great and is quite stretchy. I love doing the wee cables. I love the way the wee cables and ribbing make the socks thicker, springier, and just more hiking-ready. I love the way the directions on how to make the wee cables made sense when I just tried it, which is what Susan said. I love Margene for being right that this pattern suited the yarn much better than the other. And I love my two sets of sharp, pointy size 2 Crystal Palace bamboo needles.

And I love the socks for just being there for me while I watched the new Frontline about AIDS. We all need some comfort when we're confronted by tragedy, don't we? And knitting does that for us. I LOVE it!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear the sock is working out better. The yarn is so nice it deserves a pattern that shows it off better.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    I watched Frontline and was comforted by my sock, too. Hope to see yours today! ;)

     
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    I watched that too. Couldn't you just pinch Bono's cheeks? I love him for the work he's doing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home