Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Coldies!

It's freezing in my house. The heat's out, and I've got a guy coming to look it over, but in the mean time I'm bundled up like an interior snowman. And I look like one, too. I'm wearing a hat, a huge, unmatching scarf, a furnace of a handknit Aran, wool socks, slippers, long underwear, jeans, you name it and I'm wearing it. I've also got the fireplace going, and it' s gone up a degree in two hours, so that's good. I've got about another hour to wait for the guy, and if he doesn't fix it, I'm off to a friend's for the night.

Maybe I should do some baking? Extra heat from the oven couldn't hurt...

Edit: 5:10 pm: the heat's back on! Apparently we had a bad igniter, which is a small part designed to catch on fire. Can you tell I'm not the engineer in the family ;-).

All's well that ends well and everything, but I didn't realize how stressed out about this I was until it was over. Wheew.

Don't tell my husband, but I've turned the heat up to 68F in celebration.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:01 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Oh, eek! Good thing you're a knitter. Hope they get there soon.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said…

    Oh, that stinks. Hope it's fixed really soon!

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger margene said…

    Yes, bake and bring it tonight;-)

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger Cheryl S. said…

    Glad to hear you got it fixed! Brrrrr.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger erin said…

    I know it is not close, but if you need to excape the cold my door is open (it was nearly 80 here today).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home