Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Big lotta snow


The view from my back window Saturday afternoon.

Crazy, no? I'm pretty sure we got a foot of snow; it started up again after I took this picture.

In other news, my hand's better and I can knit again! Yippee! I celebrated by taking out the long-neglected Cambridge Jacket I've been making for my husband for, what, a year and a half.



First step: untangle the yarn. Good thing I had a DVD from the library to keep me company, because it was not very enjoyable. I didn't look at my watch, but I figure it must have taken me at least half an hour. Somehow I thought it would be fine to stuff all four pieces and their associated yarn balls into one bag.

Second step: admire all past progress, as well as the yarn:












Third step: restart the sleeves with a knitted hem. I had maybe ten rows of one sleeve started, and I love hems, and I don't have confidence in my crochet ability, so I decided to rip out the little bit of sleeve one and make a mod. It might be a mistake, though. It is bulkier. It looks so tidy, though, doesn't it?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I missed your blog I am glad you are back

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It looks like someone did some painting on some chairs they look good.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger erin said…

    I love how the snow is balanced carefully on top of every thin edge.
    Good to hear from you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home