Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Book Meme

Am too fried to think up my own content, so I stole this from Mim:

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?

Paperback, unless I can't stand waiting, because of price.

2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it…

"I'll Take Romance!" I used to sell books with a wonderful woman named Lynne. We worked for a chain, but had a fantasy that we'd move all the people we liked to work with to a resort town and open our own shop specializing in genre fiction, just fun stuff people read for pleasure. There would be no crabby people because people on vacation are in a good mood already, and we'd only make them happier by selling them fun books. We named our fantasy shop "I'll Take Romance".

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…

"The means are the end--it's the great lesson of the Twentieth Century". From one of Rosemary Edghill's Twelve Treasures books, the ones with the elves and the library students.

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be…

I know it's cliche, but I have to say Jane Austen, Mother of the Novel.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be…

A big doorstop by a dead guy, maybe the Yale Shakespeare. No fat Russian books, I'll already feel crappy enough being stuck by myself.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…

There should be a thing like a remote control you can aim at people to freeze selective sections of the space-time continuum so you can finish a sentence/paragraph/book before someone asks you if any socks are clean.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…

My happiest moments in junior high.

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…

And it has to be the protagonist? Hmmm, then I pick Venetia from Heyer's Venetia. Or maybe The Grand Sophy, but something from Heyer. You'd get the witty lines, the great clothes, and of course the hero!

9. The most overestimated book of all times is…

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Seriously, once you've read the title, you've read the best part of the book.

10. I hate it when a book…

has an epilogue that ruins the ending.


3 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    Gee, I'll bet #10 has *nothing* to do with Harry Potter. :)

    Travel safely!!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    "There should be a thing like a remote control you can aim at people to freeze selective sections of the space-time continuum so you can finish a sentence/paragraph/book before someone asks you if any socks are clean."
    You are too comfortable with your TIVo girlfriend. But I totally agree that would be awesome.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    Ditto on #9! I tried to read that book in high school. Bleh. And I even really love motorcycles.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home