Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Babies!

My dear friend B's expecting in October, and I'm knitting her new baby this wee raglan cardie out of Baby Zarina. What is it about small things that makes them so adorable? I suppose it's hardwired.

Babies are my third Happy Thing. It's such a profound comfort to me that, in the face of all the crappy things in the world, we have the courage and faith to propagate ourselves.

I remember standing in front of the glass window looking at the newborn babies in the hospital nursery the day my mother died, then turning around to look out the window at the mountains. What a miracle it is to have patchy sunshine on the mountains and newborn babies in the world.

Although it's a good thing that the babies aren't behind a wall of glass in the nursery anymore, but are usually to be found in the rooms with their mommies!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Miriam said…

    *gasp* You've already started on the sleeves you speedy knitter, you!

    Are the sleeves looking wide enough?

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Windybrook Spinner said…

    Cute sweater and fun yarn. Baby sweaters are my favorite thing to knit (unless they are lace, which I am discovering is a bit harder and less fun, even when the yarn is luscious!) Thanks for the really sweet deep thoughts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home