Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Doily Dishcloth

Made a washrag using the same pattern Susan did. I'm such a copycat! I wanted to see if I could knit it, and if so, could I knit it quickly enough for Dish Rag Tag, and would it come out big enough to meet the Rag Tag requirements of 9" diameter.

It was really fun to knit, and quite large, about 11". I did have to tink back several rows a couple of times until I got used to paying closer attention, and the kitchener join was more annoying than necessary as I had to count several times to pick up the proper number of stitches. To dumb it down a little, I'm using a provisional cast-on for the next one.

In the natural yarn, doesn't it look like a little like a doily? But it made a nice gift, along with some Napa Valley Olive Oil, for my good friend T, who knows how to appreciate a handmade dishrag.

I find I can't close this entry without mentioning poor David. I will be attending his service this morning.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Alarming Female said…

    I'm going to have to try that dishcloth pattern--though, I like this one, too. More lace = faster knitting!

    same website, but doilycloth.html

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woohoo I know what I am making you for christmas..2008 :> Hey that reminds me are you still doing the kniting group with MOMS Club? If so can I come again. Tom is in school all day so I can stay longer than 15 minutes now.

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You've inspired me. I've always thought I wanted to make this wash cloth. I loved the Panda Cotton you gave me so much, I bought it again for this cloth! G.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home