Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Infatuation

Did you see this bag Erin's working on?

I must have one.

I am still a little off my knitting groove, and have decided to catalog and finish or rip out all current projects (except a perpetual UFO of a sweater which is kind of a monument to my late Mom and late aunt, AND a UFO hat I inherited from my late aunt--I'm not ready for that yet).

The Stag Bag will be my reward for doing all that.

Can anyone recommend a superwash wool I can get gage with? The recommended yarn is Berocco Ultra Alpaca at 144 yards per 50 g. I love alpaca, but I don't know if I'd want a bag out of it, even 50/50. Won't that be soft and too stretchy? Or should I just go with the suggested yarn? Gage is 26st and 28rows to 4". Hurry, because I'll be buying the yarn in like August or December, whenever I finish all the objects.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No suggestions for yarn unfortunately, but I agree it is a great bag that must be made! Good luck with finishing or at least deciding the fate of all your UFOs!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know about a sub, but I love the Ultra Alpaca.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know of many sport-weight superwash yarns. Although I know Knit Picks is coming out with exactly such a line in the next month or two.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was worried about it being stretchy too which is why I am going to line it. But the alpaca I am using is so nice and soft. I love it.

    Can't wait to see what you choose!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home