Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Supernova!


Went to the Wool Cabin last night for the first night of Susan's Sock Design class. I learned like five new ways to cast on, which pretty much doubles my repertoire.

Also bought some yarn-Wool Cabin's just started carrying this Spunky Eclectic yarn. Isn't the colorway astounding? It's Super Nova in colorway "I heart fall". It looks like spring tulips to me. I fell hard for this yarn, let me tell you.

I worked on my swatch last night, long enough to feel quite stupid. I didn't like the very simple lace pattern with the ribbing I added to make it stretchy for socks, and I was quite annoyed it looked nothing like the picture in the book. This morning's revelation: there's an error in the book I copied the chart from. I fooled around with it enough to realize that I want something even simpler for what I have in mind, so I'm switching back to baby cables or baby shells and solid color yarn. And I'm thinking I'll make a scarf or something of this SE yarn, something I can wear close to my face.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes, an error. Death to the tech editors.
    Did you see I wrote down some stitch patterns on one of the handout pages?

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE that colorway! Not that I need any more sockyarn, mind you... Can't wait to see how it's knitting up!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    I totally want to make a scarf out my Super Nova too. It just doesn't want to be socks.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said…

    That yarn is a beaut, and I agree that it just screams springtime!

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Leslie said…

    I love love love the color here. I need to get up to wool cabin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home