Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, April 09, 2007

I LOVE YOU ALL!

I read a couple of articles in the New York Times today which criticized bloggers in general for their lack of civility. This one pretty much blames blogging for a decline in civility in the media and public discourse, and this one recommends a codified code of conduct. It all seems to stem from the kind of bad manners and unkindness which sometimes broke out in discussions held on Usenet groups in the early 1990s and still breaks out in some Yahoo groups of today. Some people are mean, and feel entitled to express their mean opinions.

You are all lovely, though! I am writing to say that I feel very fortunate to be part of such a supportive, generous, kind group of bloggers. I so appreciate your good manners, good humor, and kind support!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree. I have only had good experiences with blogging. Gotta love knitters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home