Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Something for the new baby


My cousin T had her baby last week! Another girl, Baby H.

I was just starting some socks when I got the news, so I repurposed the Sleeping Dragon Yarn from blogless Karen. Cute, no? The hat looks impossibly teeney until you stretch it, but the baby was under 6 lbs, so she should at least be able to wear it for ten or fifteen minutes. This yarn is so fun to knit! I love Karen's color combinations.

I also sent the Wee Elvish Baby Socks of last spring. I was going to either do some kind of toe embellishment or rework the toe, but really when you make newborn sized items, it's imperative to get them in the mail. I decided to stop obsessing and just send the things already. Yes, the toe is idiosyncratic, but the socks look cute and the yarn is adorable.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Katherine Of It All said…

    Ack! So Cute! I love how it all turned out. I swear, baby clothes are the main reason some people I know keep having them (babies, that is). Good work.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather,
    My daughter and I went last summer in July. It was part dance workshop for her and just a few days real vacation. It was fun-ish, but I'd rather go again (to some other country) without the dance workshop thingy. Nice socks, btw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home