Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

More socks, and the kitty

Purple Opal socks=DONE! I kitchenered the toes last night, again without looking at the directions. I'm very happy with them!

Stats: Yarn: way less than one skein of Opal sock yarn.
Time to knit: Almost two months. I cast on Christmas Day, as this yarn was a gift from my husband. My son picked out the color, and the fine women at the Wool Cabin were kind enough to direct my husband to the sock yarn.
Needles: Crystal Palace size 1, also a Christmas gift.
Pattern: Yarrow Rib Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, another fantastic gift from my fantastic husband. I modified the pattern by doing a wedge toe.

See why we call these the Christmas socks?

These socks were so fun to knit! After I got the hang of the German Heel, and Susan straightened me out on how to measure the sock for the toe decrease, they gave me no trouble. I lugged these around everywhere, and they provided me with as much security as my kid's lamb. I felt better just having them with me. Although I considered giving them away several times, I can't let them go. Sock love! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger eliza said…

    I'm the same way about socks. Something alwasy feels off when I don't have an in-progress pair with me all the time. Yesterday, I was carting around two pair - it's been a stressful week and I need all the sock lurve I can get! :)

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    cute socks, Heather! I once knit a pair of Opal socks in, like, ten days. I was crazed and on a deadline. Haven't done it since, though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home