Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Reverse UFOing

Instead of finishing UFOs, like Katherine, I'm adding to the list of projects. Here are some mittens, which I was going to thrum, but now realize they'd be too warm, so they'll be plain. A side effect of this change of plan: I now own orange roving I have no use for...but it was only six bucks, so whatever. I'm going to make some simple mittens and do a sideways-knit garter stitch scarf with the rest. Or maybe a popcorn scarf? Probably too trendy...we'll see when the mitts are knit.

The variegated stuff is Brooks Farm, sorry I can't remember the type, except that there is some silk in it. It must be "Harmony". The color was discontinued. It's really pretty, I think, but might not be for everyone... The plain pumpkin color is Gems sportweight. The Brooks Farm stuff is kind of slippery and doesn't feel sturdy enough on its own, especially for mittens, but an unexpected bonus is that by knitting them together, it sort of mutes the variegated stuff. I love the way it looks.

Just as well I'm not doing the thrums, though. That orange is just not quite right...

In other news, just cast on for a Noro Silk Garden beanie. Which, needless to say, doesn't match the mittens. I think I'm going to try and finish this tonight and wear it tomorrow. Pretty, pretty Noro!

And I'm still working on the purple socks. Am about halfway down the leg. These have turned into very satisfying knitting, easy and relaxing.

I am also dreaming about knitting a lot. Anyone else do that?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have never dreamt about knitting...now I kind of want to.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger erin said…

    I had to come back to comment on this post because I had a knitting dream last night! I was knitting these fantastically long socks to remain calm, because I was pissed off at Marc for bringing a robot home from work.
    Seriously.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Heather, I'm glad you read my blog about Valentine's Day and that it was comforting in some way. I never know if anyone is reading it and I'm glad to know someone is out there. Thanks again for your comments...

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that pink Brooks Farm. I'm big on pink!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home