Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Couple Of Things...

First, thank you all for your lovely, supportive comments!

Michaele asked how I liked Big Girl Knits. Weeeel, I love the idea, and the part at the beginning that describes finding styles that flatter your particular figure is quite inspiring, but the problem is that many of the sweater patterns are a little funky for my personal taste. I don't actually want to knit anything in that book. Except the handbag. And maybe the shawl, but I don't know about the beads... And the socks are cute. And I do like the wrap sweater, but with a shirt under it so the girls don't catch cold. But I LOVE that the book exists!

No progress on getting the photos from the camera to the internet, which brands me as a lame-a$$.

I've been knitting the purple Opal socks, finished the first one last night at Stitch n Bitch, and cast on for the second one. This is my relaxing, idiot project. (Well, it became an easy project after I fixed a little problem with the toe) My 'real' project is for the Spring Swap, and even if the camera was working, I'd have nothing to show you. I'm still figuring it out, swatching and ripping out. I'm spending most of my knitting time on this, and look forward to having a final design soon, but right now all I've got to show for it is a pretty ball of pink yarn and a head full of ideas.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    I really like the purple socks - they're coming out great.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should try Flickr.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home