Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, February 23, 2007

More snow day, and The Project

The Project: some Yarn Over Cable socks in Cascade 220 Superwash, from Sensational Knitted Socks. Wow, it's fun to knit socks with worsted weight yarn! I can see that I will not love it forever: it's almost too fast and easy. Also, unlike socks made of normal yarn, you could very easily have too many heavy socks unsuitable for wear outside the house. Very useful for me, though--I love wearing heavy socks around the house and to bed when it's cold out.

Charlene, she makes you work a little, doesn't she? Great book, though. I love the flexibility and organization. And next month, there'll be another one coming out.



Here's a shot of, what, 4 inches of snow stacked up on the scrub oaks in my side yard. Love that!

And this is the picnic table I sat on less than 24 hours ago. Freaky, no?

It snowed on and off all day, until the sun came out an hour ago. I've got to go shovel or my poor DH won't be able to get the Civic up the driveway and into the garage.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger margene said…

    That looks like a bit more than 4"! It has been an amazing 24 hours. Your sock looks great. You have become quite the sock maven!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home