Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, March 02, 2007

I showed a girlfriend how to knit


and got a Noro hat out of it!

This hat is my friend's work, originally made for her sister who--can you believe this?--said she wouldn't wear it! I love it, and offered to trade it for yarn. I dig it and have worn it several times already.

I really like teaching friends (or strangers) the basics of knitting. Maybe it's because for so long, I had no one to ask for knitting help?

Do you watch _Needle Arts Studio_ on PBS? I love watching the host, Shay Pendray. I don't always like the projects, and usually don't watch the needlepoint/embroidery segments, but I always fast forward to the show's closing when she says, in a cheery voice of firm conviction: "We enjoyed sharing these projects with you, and hope you will share the needle arts with a friend."
Yep, I will!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    WAY cute hat. You knew that Shay Pendray was Margene's stitching sensei, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home