Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wheew!

So I had to get a mammogram today. I get a little freaked out by routine medical procedures, but the extreme professional, compassionate courtesy extended to me by the outpatient radiology clinic at our local hospital was so reassuring that I was able to get through it. The procedure itself is a little undignified and uncomfortable, but the worst part was hanging out in Schroedinger's Cat Box, waiting for the radiologist to look over the films.

And let me tell you, ladies, there is noting like the feeling of being told that you don't have cancer.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    I've had an ultrasound before, but no squoosh-o-gram. I was so nervous that I made jokes with the tech the whole time. He probably was tempted to fill my mouth with the gel to get me to shut up, but being the cosummate professional that he was, he didn't. :)

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Kara said…

    Yay!!! Great news!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is great news, I'm glad!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Glad to hear all is well! It's worth the squishing.

     
  • At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's amazing how BIG your boobs can look smashed flat as a pancake. They look, well, like pancakes.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yea! healthy boobs!

    speaking of boobs..then perhaps to pasties...then to tassles...the damn things are sort of fraying in an uneven ugly way. so I like the tassles too as long as they stay looking nice.

    anyway, seriously, i need to get my boobs mashed. i'm over due and they're big'uns.

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have one every year,but I missed two years since we moved & was feeling very agitated over it. Finally had it done last week. First time in 25 years that I was photo'd at a different place. Handed over one large envelopes of boob history! It used to be they'd read them right away. These days you have to wait for results in the mail. Is this progress????? Still Anon. Gwen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home