Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Jacquie Interviews Me!

Jacquie kindly offered to interview bloggers. How fun!


1. Have you always lived in Salt Lake City? If no, where did you come from originally and what brought you to SLC. If yes, then tell us what you like about SLC, or where else you would rather be.

I was raised in Oregon (Portland area) and Anchorage, Alaska. My husband, son, and I moved from Northern California almost two years ago. We were anxious to escape the sky-high cost of living and piercing California sunshine. Well, actually, we moved because an opportunity opened up for my man working for the same company in a different, and more interesting (to him!) technology area. I suppose if I could live anywhere, I would like to go back to Seattle, where we lived while my husband was in grad school, or Anchorage, where I went to high school. I’ve moved around a lot, though, and I don’t mind moving. I actually like it. A couple of years ago, it looked like we’d have the opportunity to move to Cambridge for a couple of years, and I was disappointed when that didn’t work out.

We love Salt Lake City! I love the mountains, the four season climate, and the knitters!

2. You are lucky to have a handy husband. Did you know that about him

before you married him or is it a more recent development? What else has he made?

He’s pretty handy, isn’t he? Although he’s always been mechanically inclined, he just started making furniture last summer, with a picnic table and five Adirondack chairs. He’s also made a router table, some sawhorses, and a fairly swank workbench. The table is his first piece of interior furniture.

Before that, he did quite a bit of DIY around our house in California. He replaced the nasty carpet in our old house with Pergo, replaced the toilets and a bathroom sink, and remodeled our entire kitchen. Every summer he tinkers with the sprinkler system. I think it’s his engineer brain, always wanting to understand the way things work. I love his brain; it’s one of the first things I fell for when we met. I look forward to a lot of custom-made furniture!

3. Miriam was asked this question and I thought it was a good one - What do

you make for dinner when you can’t think of anything to make for dinner?

Black bean soup, cornbread, and salad. Also, homemade pizza.

4. If you were offered the chance to boldly go where no man (or woman) has

gone before would you take it and why?

What, in space with the crew of the Starship Enterprise? In a heartbeat! Let it be the Next Generation crew, though, not the Shatner-led bunch.

5. Do you have a "kids say the darndest things" type story about your son,

or from your own childhood that you can share with us?


Well, I thought it was pretty cute when my son said we should get chickens in the backyard, and that the chickens should get their own TV so they can watch “the chicken movie” (Chicken Run).


Want to play? I'll interview you if you request in a comment!


8 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    OK, I'll bite. You can interview me.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Heather, great answers! I love the idea of the chickens all sitting round watching Chicken Run - I'm sure they would love it!

    I am pretty sure I wouldn't go, but I agree I'd prefer to go with the Next Gen crew over the original.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    You can interview me, if you want. :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger eliza said…

    If I were a chicken, I'd sit around a watch the chicken movie too. I need some blog fodder, so interview me, I'll post soon!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm in. It'll get me back to my blog which has lay dormant for too many weeks!

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm. Heather - anonymous is me: Gwen. I can't remember my password for blogger!!!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You grew up in Portland? Did I know that? What area? When did you move to Alaska?

    I'm a Rose City girl myself.






    word verification: pefeh ;)

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm way behind the times, catching up on blogs. If you still want to interview, ask away.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home