Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Going to live with it

I've decided to live with the mistake. I think I'm going to need the extra yarn to fix any mistakes I make with the lace border. I will make mistakes, and they will have to be ripped out, and that yarn will have to be discarded. I'm fine with it, but a little irritated at myself for not paying more attention.

I'm up to about 200 st. I'm very excited to start the lace, probably tomorrow night, but by the weekend at least. Am going to put in a lifeline, get out the stitch markers, and see what happens.

In other news, I've registered for Susan's sock design class at the Wool Cabin. You pick a stitch pattern from a book, and learn how to do it as a sock. This is just what I've been trying to teach myself, so I think the class will be a blast. So far, I'm the only one signed up. Come take it with me!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can fix that mistake without ripping. Just unravel the stitch up to where you made the mistake and then re-work it with a crochet hook.

    Here's hoping the sock class flies.

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger bonnie said…

    Hi Heather, I'm game depending on when it is. Would you please let me know the date and time for Susan's sock class?
    Thanks!
    Bonnie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home