Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Progress? Not so much...

Knitting right along, but I discovered that I spaced out and knit like eight rows of stockingette instead of garter on the border. It's on the left where the working yarn runs over in this picture, and I've also got a close-up of my silliness. ARRGH.

I'm in a quandary because I don't think I can fix this without ripping back, and the yarn is so soft it looks crappy when ripped out and reworked. Rats! I could try to drop the second stitch in and redo it, but no way I could do the first stitch. I know I can't do it, and I'm not sure anyone could. I may have to live with this mistake... But I may not be able to. I'm going to very gently rip some back and see how the yarn holds up.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's one of those things that screams out at you, but no one else would notice because they are looking at the whole thing and not at the individual stitches. Usually I am a perfectionist too, but I think if the yarn is going to look bad reknitted then I would leave this.

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger erin said…

    Is Granny M a knitter? If not, leave it. If she is, do it again and call it a pattern. :)

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sucks, and if it were me I probably couldn't leave it. You are a lot further than I am on mine! I had to frog what I had knitted and haven't started again yet.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    I don't think the edging will be very noticable - I'd leave it. If the yarn doesn't look good after reknitting, that will be much more obvious than a few stitches on the edge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home