Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

An ode to my dishwasher:

No self-written poetry will be inflicted on you; I love you all too much for that. Instead, I'm going for more of a photo essay, with before, during, and after pictures.

Shot number one: hands down the best pies I've ever made. Use the dough from this cookbook. Yep, that is an obscene amount of butter and shortening, about twice that of my usual recipe. It is so worth it!

And here's the dirty pie plate. All that stuff is stuck on and you'd think it would need to be soaked for three days or chiseled out with a hammer or something.

Et voila! After one cycle through the miracle appliance that is my Bosch dishwasher, it's clean as a whistle. I didn't even rinse it off first.

How do I love thee, O Bosch Dishwasher? Certainly more that I ever thought I'd love a kitchen appliance.

Did I mention I didn't even have to rinse it off?

I love that thing! LOVE IT!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Miriam said…

    HOLY CRAP! That's lovely! I wish my dishwasher were that good. I have started lining my roasting pan with foil because I HATE trying to get all the roast potato bits off of it.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger erin said…

    I put the dishwasher under only the air conditioning on the list of technology that truly improves my day to day life. Sure the space shuttle is awesome, but they will never send me to Mars (sadly). Air conditioning is man's greatest triumph over nature, but the the dishwasher is a close second.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    Wow. I'll have to get a Bosch next time! ;)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Cheryl S. said…

    In the 80's I got a GE Potscrubber dishwasher that cleaned EVERYTHING. Baked on yukky stuff? No problem. I hated leaving it behind when I moved out of that house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home