Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dummy Spring Things Update Redux

Thank you, grrlfriends, for noticing how pretty my kool-aid dyed yarn was at SnB on Tuesday. Thank you all for not laughing at me when I told you that I'd ripped the ENTIRE thing out six rows before the end in a fit of craziness. I don't regret it, but I do shake my head at my own nuts-o behavior.

I am about back to the lace part, and since I'm driving to California tomorrow I don't think I'll bring it along as I won't be able to make a rule that no one may talk to me during the first four repeats of the new line. Instead, I'm packing the THREE PAIRS OF SOCKS I'm still working on. Wish me luck or something.

I am looking forward to checking out my old LYS, Adela's Yarn in Castro Valley, and the new shop which opened up in Dublin. Adela's is funky, but I heard they've expanded and remodeled, so I want to see it, and to say "hi" to the women who work there--they won't remember me , but they were extremely nice to me and the kid when I shopped there before moving to Utah. Not everyone can help the neophytes while not patronizing them; I'll always have a soft spot for Adela's.

As far as the Stag Bag goes, I'm thinking of Margene's point that the halo will help keep the strands from showing through to the right side, and that if I want it to look exactly like the picture I should use exactly the same yarn, and Erin's point that the alpaca is so soft and pretty... although Susan's point that the pattern doesn't always call for the most appropraite yarn is a good one...

I have a lot of time to think of it as I still haven't even cataloged all UFOS, let alone finished/frogged any of them. Today I'm thinking I'll use the alpaca blend, though.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger erin said…

    Have fun on your trip! Be sure to get some books on CD, they are the only way to make that drive bearable.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sounds like a lot of projects you're juggling! have a great trip.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Miriam said…

    Have a fun trip! Socks are better for road trip knitting anyway. :)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i am trying to come up with my road trip projects. And maybe something new that you can help me with. Any suggestions? I just really relized that we will be coming your way in a couple of weeks. The summer sure has flown!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home