Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My weekend

Here I am at 12:30 am Friday night, book in hand. You can see my Borders armband, number 98. It was a long wait, and not in the fun party atmosphere I expected, but I had my book in hand and was headed home by 12:10--the Borders was organized, if not cheerful about it.

For this one, I went slowly to avoid skipping ahead. Whenever I got too tense, I'd put the book down and read something else for a few minutes--this led to my darling husband finishing it before me, which is fine as he's a champ about not discussing it before everyone in the household's finished the book. Toward the end, I had to put my hand over the next paragraph to ensure my treacherous eyes didn't start skipping down. I really wanted to earn the ending this time!

Am not going to review the book, am just going to thank Jo Rowling! Thanks, Jo!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We bought it on our trip home I was in Ontario, Oregon when it went on sale no idea where to find a bookstore. Ended up picking it up in a Barnes and Noble in Twin Falls Idaho. Dad drove the rest of the way. Next thing I knew we were in Ogden. I started to panic realizing that I wouldn't be able to read anymore for awhile. I loved it, very good, laughed, cried, had my ahh ha and ohh okay moments it was a fun read. I didn't get all the testament references though apparently I am not that religious. How are ya? Lets catch up.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Eileen said…

    So, is it true that Darth Vader is Harry's father?

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ours didn't arrive from Amazon care of UPS until about 3.00pm despite everyone looking wistfully out of the window every five minutes.

    Spent most of Saturday night and all day Sunday reading it.

    Excellent!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home