Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Knitting Content? Why, yes!

Oh, look, it IS a knitting blog after all!

Here's a wee scarf I made for my niece, modeled by my sister's wisteria in her new backyard of her beautiful new house. (Nice house, big sister!) Purple, of course, and I left the rest of the ball of yarn with my niece, along with some of those adorable kitty-head needles. My niece is just turning six and I did succeed in teaching her to knit a couple of stitches, which satisfied her for the time being. Next time I see her, maybe she'll want to learn more.

My sister lives in St. Helena, in the north end of the Napa Valley. It's beautiful and touristy, but when I go, the closest I ever get to wineries is my brother-in-law's office (he's a wine merchant, so there is a lot of wine!). We had a wonderfully low-key family-oriented stay. Highlights include my eldest nephew's birthday dinner at Go Fish, playing at the local park, taking the kids to swimming lessons, several hotly-contested games of Monopoly, a sisters-only lunch at the Rutherford Grill, and relaxing at the end of the day with a Juice Squeeze Martini.

Want one? My sister's got the recipe, but I think it goes something like this: One recipe for Pomegranate Martinis, include ritzy local Charbay vodka and a fresh lime from off the tree outside, two young sons who drank all the pomegranate juice, and one bottle of black cherry juice squeeze.

They were quite good, actually.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Eileen said…

    Beautiful scarf, Heather! Your niece will love it.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am still remembering your delectable margaritas and wanted to ask you for the recipe (well brand of mix??)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home