Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

*$%#@(#!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm out of $#*(@ yarn. According to my "rule of three" calculations, I'm going to run out of yarn around eight rows short. ACK!

I'm considering a) ripping the MotherTrucker out and throwing the yarn back down the basement stairs, b) continuing on, decreasing for the armholes as directed, but not increasing at the neck edge, and hoping that shortens the rows enough to squeak by and doesn't look completely stupid, or c) going on as directed as far as I can, shortening the back and right front to match, and re-knitting the bottom edge with a third yarn, maybe red? Then some red blanket--stitch edging and red ties to close it? Or maybe it won't really be too short for babies? And cropped sweaters are still in, right? And everything's cute if you slap it on a newborn, right?

fuckityfuckityfuckfuckfuck.

Let's all remember that I was only making this for fun, no intended recipient. And it's the process. OK, OK, I'm really not mad anymore. No, really. I mean it. Really. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    Rats!!!!!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That simply sucks. I really hope it all works out.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ugh - I feel your pain. But I don't think it would be bad to go 8 rows short.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home