Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bag It!

Here's one of the several other things I've been working on: It's a small felted bag. Am I the only one whacky enough to do a seed stitch bottom on a felted bag? Besides Debbie Bliss, I mean.

The yarn? Two skeins of Knit Picks Wool O' The Andes in some kind of chocolate brown color. Usually I double strand stuff for felting, but this time I kept it single because I'm planning on lining the beauty. Since it's obviously time for my luck to change, I had exactly the right amount of yarn for the bag I wanted! Fortune favoring the foolish, eh?

It felted up to a very cool texture, kind of bumpy in the manner of a boiled wool jacket I used to have. Also, I made a sort of a wee cage thing out of needlepoint canvas to stretch the thing out on. I folded the sides in and stuck the top under one of those fridge packs of soda--it dried quite evenly. I'm going to use the same wee cage, covered in georgous fabric, to line the thing, and I've got some handles from JoAnne fabrics all set to be sewn on. Cross your fingers! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So resourceful! I love the wee cage. I will steal that idea with my next felted bag which is on the needle as we speak (set aside for the time being). Have we seen this bag at SnB? Probably everyone else has, as I've been sporadic in my attendance of late.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home