Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Lookit!

Thank you, Cindy, for the fabulous birthday present!

That's cashmere, grrlfriends. Can you believe it? It's amazing hand-dyed cashmere from a small farm in the Gunnison Valley, pretty blues and greens. I absolutely gasped when I opened the box.

This is my first cashmere, and it's so incredibly soft, beautiful, amazing, and just my favorite colors! It will be a lovely scarf when I can work up the nerve to knit it.

She also gave me the beautiful needles you see, size 18. They have nice, sharp points, are beautifully polished, and have adorable hand painted ends. Easily the prettiest needles I own.

Cindy also wrote a beautiful note thanking me for teaching her to knit, which might be the best part of the present. Miss you, Cindy! Keep knitting!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talk about generosity! When you say Gunnison Valley, are you talking about the Gunnison in Utah?

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Wow, the colors in that cashmere are gorgeous. Lucky you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home