Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ever Get Distracted?

I'm sort of in knitting limbo over here. I still haven't matched my stash yarn with socks I want to knit, my man's sweater is in boring-sleeve limbo, I finished the project I was having fun with, am bored with the baby hat Iwant to make to go with it, already finished the soap sock and...

So I'm swatching for the Arrowhead/Little Arrowhead Lace Swap. I mastered the pattern last night, and am now thinking about how I want to integrate it into a project, and trying out different things. I am going to have to plan carefully to make a usable object...

Need the backstory on the Arrowhead project? Well, the Utah Grrls are doing a little swap for our anniversary in January. All members who want to participate knit a small project using Arrowhead or Little Arrowhead lace, $10-$15 in materials, then bag them in brown paper. We'll trade, blind, in January. We were inspired by the staff project in Interweave last summer. I love swapping and am excited about this!

Although I like to switch projects around until I find something I'm excited about, I really need to get back to the sweater so poor DH can wear it. It's getting ever colder here in Utah. Last week, it snowed. Personally, I find snow before Halloween a little excessive...But it's gone now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home