Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Just So You Know I Do, Sometimes, Actually KNIT:

Finished the reversible cable scarf. I'm very happy with it. Check it out: I used 3 skeins of Classic Elite Lush in color 4420, which is fairly accurately rendered, on my computer at least. The yarn is in fact fairly lush, half angora bunny, half wool. The pattern is an adaptation of the Reversible Cable Scarf in Pam Allen's Scarf Style. I couldn't find the book, just the notes I had from the scarf I made last year, and I wanted seed stitch to set the cable off, so I sort of rewrote the pattern from my crummy notes. It's still entirely reversible, but since there are three sections of 2X2 ribbing on each side, it's a little asymmetrical as you see.

I'm not sure what to do with it now, but it does need some kind of blocking-type help. Wet and reshape, or lightly steam it? I don't want to mash down the fluffy bunny fibers. Also, is it in need of fringe?

It will make a nice gift for my cousin; should look good with her dark, pretty hair.Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love this scarf. I want to knit it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home