Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Must Make Socks NOW!

I've been having the "sock feeling" for a week or so now. It's sock-wearin' weather here, and I've only got three pairs of handmade socks, so obviously I need more more more.

What do you all think of the Snicket Socks from MagKnits? I have some very pretty green Opal sock yarn which I think should work. The pattern offers small, medium, large and x-l, with medium being a US 7. I am thinking since my feet are on the fat side and measure a 7.5, I'll make the large, but I'm also considering making the XL width and the large legnth. Would this work, do you think?

Am also planning the fabulous Lombard Street, but they'll be a gift for a family member with narrow feet. I adore the pattern.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Kit said…

    Hey Heather, you can always make the socks as wide as you need and determine the length by trying them on and skipping straight to the 'toe' portion of the pattern once you're within two inches or so of the end of your big toe. :) Good luck with the socks, they look awesome.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the Snicket Socks. My son is a big fan of the Unfortunate Events books. The pattern looks as though it is complex enough to be interesting, but quite quick to learn so not too burdensome. I am not a sock-knitter (yet!) so I cant offer any advice on changing the pattern.

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love those Snicket socks too, but what a f***ing ton of purling! I might make them anyway, after I finish the 7 bazillion other things on my to-knit list.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home