Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Back in Clap(otis)

Lordy, it's cold here! The poor kitty doesn't know what to do--he's gone in and out like forty times this morning, checking to see if the weather's changed. He's hating it, but I'm LOVING IT! Guess what I wore to dinner last night? Long pants, a jacket, and: my Clapotis! I made it last fall, very fun knit. The yarn's just Cascade Quatro, and it took about two and a half skeins. I actually bought the yarn to felt something, but the test swatch I felted was Very Very Ugly. I decided I liked the yarn best when it was unknit. Next best thing: dropped stitches!

I was kind of shy about knitting it--I figured I was the last person on the planet to knit one. I was wrong: as it turns out, I know at least three people personally who've made theirs since. I decided to can my self-absorbed shyness about being "late to the party", as Laurie put it, and just enjoy the scarf. And it was fun to make.

It's HUGE, by the way. Almost 16" wide and 70" long. And wonderfully warm! Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    brrr...it is cold here. but hey, that means you get to bring out the handknits. yay!

    Love the clap!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Kit said…

    It's the last hot day today and I am looking forward to cooler weather so I can wear my own knits. That Clapotis looks quite nice, how exciting to pick it up and wear it!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It has been quite cold...I had to turn on the heater up here. Clapotis looks beautiful, the way it is resting against the chair reminds me of a waterfall

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    Brr! It looks great!!! :)

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I love that color!

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Super cute! I'm jealous it's still really hot here in TX.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Heather. I can't believe I remembered...here is the link to the t-shirt:
    http://www.buyolympia.com/q/?Search=reading+is+sexy

    There are all kinds of options with it. Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home