Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Monday, October 09, 2006

My Bioette

I haven't made much knitting progress this week. Friday, at a friend's house, I wove in like a million ends on the Mason-Dixon baby kimono. I still have to sew it together and add ties, then I'll post a picture of the FO. If that day ever comes, you'll have to tell me if you think it's too cropped. You may remember that I did have to rip back about an inch when I ran out of yarn. Well, newborns don't like stuff to cover their tender belly buttons, right?

I'm also working on a new scarf; it's a modification of the reversible cable one from Scarf Style.

In the mean time, here's a mini-bio I wrote for another purpose:

The story of my life in nine sentences:

I was born in Portland, Oregon, and moved to Anchorage, Alaska in junior high. We grew up camping and hiking and just staring up admiring all the mountains. In my early twenties, while living in Arizona, I found myself homesick and so accepted a summer job selling postcards in Denali National Park. I met my husband in a laundry trailer there. He was adorable, sitting up on a dryer in his brand new Gore-Tex jacket and early-90’s long hair, explaining to his friends how soap works. We married two years later, in 1993, and moved to Seattle, where my Mr. went to grad school in chemical engineering and I sold books. We loved it there, but his new job took us to the Bay Area in 1998. I left the glamorous world of retail management, finished my long-delayed undergrad degree, and had our son. My man accepted a transfer to Utah last summer, and we happily escaped California for a place where life is less frenzied and I can look up at the mountains every day.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger Stitch-n-Snitch said…

    And we're so glad you moved here! ;)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the bio-ette. I will have to try writing one.

    And I love that you met your husband in the laundry room. So cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home