Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Problem Solved!

And how did I solve this (imaginary) problem? By buying more yarn, of course!

I now have a skein of Cascade Fixation in color # 9939, which I'm going to knit more soap socks with. I generally hate cotton yarn, and am hoping the springy elasticized Fixation will be fun to knit with. We'll see if I enjoy this, or if I bid adieu to my tentative plan of knitting more soap socks. Or maybe I'll retool the pattern for DK weight yarn and use Cotton Fleece. I love Cotton Fleece. Bonus: I heard a rumor that it's been redone sometime in the last year to make it less splitty!

I also have two skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in an amazing aqua -green color I'm going to use for the Swap. Pretty! Color #09, for those of you interested. I think it's too green for Margene, but chances are she'll pick someone else's bag, right? I am getting very excited to move beyond the swatch phase of this project!

Yes, there should be pictures. But I'm too disorganized to find the camera...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i want to make soap socks, can i switch from potholders to soap socks? will you show me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home