Heather Joins The Round

Because the world needs more knitting blogs.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sudden Change of Direction

Last night around ten, I was feeling tired and unwilling to think the Arrowhead project through, so I started a soap sock using the Fixation I blogged about earlier this week. It became clear pretty quickly that Fixation really wants to be socks, not soap socks. I must bow to the will of the yarn, O Sisters of the Skein! I ripped out the false start, ran to the computer, printed out the perfect pattern, and completed the gusset before finally going to bed, tired but happy.

So here we are: I'm making Teri's "Not Pedestrian" peds, and so far, they are fabulous! This is a very clearly written pattern, very fun and easy.

The socks may look huge, but so far, they seem to fit me. And if they're big and very stretchy, I know someone they'd fit perfectly. If they fit me, fantastic, because I love them. They are flawless and perfect, (so far, anyway) and I adore them!

Of course it's completely tempting fate to cast on for a project you only own half the yarn to complete, but the Knitting Gods indeed smile on me today--I found another skein.

Yes, hubris sets you up to be cosmically smacked down, but for now, I'm deliriously happy with this quick little project.

I'm such a ficle knitter... Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home